About Commercial Passport
Vision: Accelerate the way the world deploys capital
Mission: Build technology to make it easy for financial relationships to begin
Our Thesis: The world deserves technology to make KYC on-boarding easy for all stakeholders
Commercial Passport’s values:
- Customer Obsession -Start with customers and work backwards.
- Learn & Be Curious -Learning and self improvement never ends.
- Adapt & Overcome- Succeed despite the circumstances.
- Sincerity & Generosity -Treat customers, teams, investors with generosity.
- Extreme Ownership -Self-directed, decentralised command, no bad teams only bad leaders.
Role: Few people have been trained for this kind of role. If you resemble what we’ve described, but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a team focused on creating a new normal for KYC onboarding. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps our startup special.
Diversity: You’ll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn’t come in one flavor and neither should we.
Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will shape our path forwards.
Resources: We will support you and encourage you to attend seminars, events, and expert subject matter sessions that help you develop professionally and personally.
About the role
Role: Full Stack, Founding Engineer
Location: Toronto, remote possible
- A true software leadership role within a FinTech Startup that will combine software development and leading early team members (80% execution and 20% strategy + management).
- You will design daily activities that support product development to help achieve big picture goals.
- You will work directly with the founders to lead the engineering efforts to help shape and execute the product roadmap.
- Access to coaching, training, and development workshops / networking opportunities -Flexible hours – we believe in outcomes over output.
Who are you:
- You take pride in tackling unknown problems and finding solutions. You assimilate information easily and can communicate complicated ideas to others.
- You are unafraid to challenge the status quo and bring new ideas to a team. You’re able to either describe how you have disrupted common practices that were no longer serving a purpose, or how you would have “broken the rules” given the opportunity for the betterment of the company or team.
- You are an avid learner. You take time in your life for personal and professional development. You know how to implement best practices and find new / relevant ways products are built or are going to be built in the future.
- You are unfazed by ambiguity.
- You have 4+ years experience as a full stack developer with a background in CS either from university or independent CS projects.
- You are familiar with FinTech and understand institutional software from either a banking or asset management software perspective.
- You have strong organizational skills.
- You are adaptable and have worked in a diverse set of environments (e.g big team + small team, user-facing and internal products).
- You can communicate complex ideas simply.
- You’re familiar and have a level of comfort with backend and front end languages. We value your ability to solve problems across the stack more than your rote knowledge of technologies.
- You have experience working in a startup environment or innovation team in the financial sector (or another highly regulated sector).
- You’re familiar with Interaction design and how it relates to product development implementation.
- You’re excited about the cutting edge of tech without being dogmatic about any language or framework.
- You’ve shipped something yourself – from beginning to end.
What should you be able to answer:
- How do you educate yourself when resources are scarce?
- How do you organise your time?
- How do you decide what is most important?